Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
时间:2023-12-05 19:57:18 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
South Korean stocks started a tad lower Monday as investors took a cautious approach ahead of the earnings season.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 6.06 points, or 0.25 percent, to 2,450.09 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Most of the major publicly traded companies report their quarterly earnings starting next week, with market heavyweights SK hynix and Samsung Electronics slated for Oct. 26 and Oct. 31, respectively.
Battery shares led the decline, with industry leader LG Energy Solution, the second-biggest share in terms of market cap, losing 1.14 percent and Posco Future M sinking 3.74 percent.
Builders were also among the losers, with Hyundai Engineering & Construction decreasing 0.7 percent and Samsung C&T skidding 0.28 percent.
Top online portal operator Naver fell 0.83 percent, and leading game developer NCSOFT dropped 0.89 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,351.25 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.25 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Rural development expert nominated as agriculture minister
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty