Global Kimchi Day declared
时间:2023-12-05 20:03:27 出处:부모와 아이阅读（143）
Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. on Thursday declared "Global Kimchi Day" to raise awareness about the Korean staple food globally, together with Korean food buyers and foreign diplomats during the Buy Korean Food trade fair in Seoul.
The state-run food trade agency, known as aT, has already celebrated Nov. 22 as Kimchi Day following a revision to the Kimchi Industry Promotion Act in February 2020.
At Thursday’s event, aT vowed to seek the day’s global recognition, joining together with foreign supporters, including 12 buyers from nine countries, including the UK, the US, Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan, who were designated as goodwill ambassadors.
The event was joined by several ambassadors and diplomats from seven countries, including Argentina, Belarus, Honduras and Venezuela.
The Global Kimchi Forum, a consultative body bringing in voluntary cooperation globally to encourage the adoption of Kimchi Day around the world, was also launched as a part of the event.
"The global designation of Kimchi Day is an opportunity to confirm that the popularity and status of kimchi has increased worldwide, and also an opportunity to inform the international community that Korea is the suzerain state of kimchi," said aT CEO Kim Chun-jin.
"I believe today's proclamation ceremony event of 'Global Kimchi Day' will serve as an opportunity to publicize the excellence and value of kimchi to the world and to promote the health of all mankind."
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- Prix Medicis winning Han Kang wants next novel to be like 'spring'
- Finance minister calls for reenactment of corporate restructuring act
- Why Suneung is always on a Thursday
- About half of top 500 firms remain undecided on 2024 investment plans: poll
- Hyundai Motor chair wins top UK royal honor
- US set to deploy B
- Stray Kids to perform at 2023 Billboard Music Awards
- Korean War veteran’s daughter named veterans affairs minister